The “How to …” Guide, Part 2
With the weekend approaching it’s the perfect time to head to the woods and try out another fun activity with all the family. Happy wondering wild.
1,2,3 where are you?
A very simple game and variation on hide and seek, this is especially great for younger kids. You will need two adults (if your children are younger) and two or more children.
- Divide into two groups, one group stays where they are while the other group heads off and hides.
- Once the second group are hidden, alert the others that they can start their search by making a crow call or other animal sound.
- The searching group calls out “1,2,3 where are you?” to which the hidden group responds “1,2,3 we’re over here.”
- Follow the direction of the responding call to help you track the hidden group, continuing the call and response of “1,2,3 …” until you locate their hiding place.
- Switch over so that the searchers now hide and vice versa.